The eMTRG to MTRG direction of our Meter-Ethereum bridge is now live!
For more information about why we built the bridge and other important details, please click here.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to map your eMTRG to mainnet MTRG.
1) Check that your ETH wallet and Meter mainnet wallet addresses match.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that the ETH wallet you’re using to hold eMTRG has the same address as your Meter wallet (i.e. they are mapped).
Using MetaMask as an example, the addresses denoted by the yellow arrows below should match:
If your ETH and Meter wallet addresses match, click here to jump to the section on how to convert your eMTRG to MTRG.
2) If your wallet addresses don’t match, import your ETH wallet private key into your Meter mainnet wallet.
If your ETH and mainnet wallet addresses don’t match, you will have to export your private key from your ETH wallet and import it into your Meter wallet. Here are the steps to do so.
- If you haven’t already, download the Meter mainnet wallet here: https://www.meter.io/wallets/
- You’ll now have to export your ETH wallet private key. Navigate to your ETH wallet (we’ll use Metamask here), click on the three dots in the upper right corner, then click “Account Details”.
- Click on “Export Private Key”.
- Enter your Metamask password and click “Confirm” to reveal your private key.
- Your private key will then be revealed. Copy and store it somewhere safe, then click “Done”.
- Navigate to your Meter wallet and click “Import”.
- A modal will appear with a drop down that defaults to “Keystore”. Click on the drop down and select “Private key”.
- Copy and paste your ETH wallet private key into the “Private key” field, and click “Next”.
- Create a wallet name and password, and click “Import”.
- Your new Meter wallet will then appear in the Wallets screen. Double check that its address matches the address from your ETH wallet. You’re all done.
3) Map your eMTRG to MTRG
After you’ve confirmed that the wallet addresses of your ETH and Meter wallets match, all you have to do is use your ETH wallet to send your eMTRG to its contract address:
Make sure you have enough ETH for gas.
The eMTRG will then show up in your Meter wallet.
Thanks for using our Meter-Ethereum bridge!
We are working hard to bring the Meter and Ethereum ecosystems closer, and this is just the first step. Stay tuned for more.
Thanks for your support!